The intestine is a very important organ, the normal state of the organism as a whole depends on its health. After all, he not only digests food and removes its remnants, but also determines immune functions. Therefore, in violation of its functions, the whole organism suffers. Weakness, pain, poor performance - all this very badly affects the overall vitality. Therefore, it is very important to take preventive measures to ensure the smooth functioning of this body. It is, first of all, about cleansing the intestines from slagging, toxins and other consequences of junk food, poor environmental conditions, improper lifestyle.
One of the methods of such cleansing, which can be practiced at home, is the cleansing of the intestines with salt water. Humanity has known this procedure since ancient times. There is evidence that it was used by Indian yogis. In those days it was called Shankha-Prakshalana. This combination translates as "shell gesture." The thing is that purification with water and salt leads to a process similar to washing a mollusk shell. Muscle forces push water out. A big plus of this procedure is that it can be carried out at home, and it only requires salt water and some exercises. But the simplicity of this method does not mean at all that it can be used by everyone. It is very important to consult a doctor before using it. How exactly to carry out salt cleansing, and what exercises you need to perform for a successful cleaning, we will discuss this article.
What is purification for?
Before carrying out any procedure for cleaning the body, you need to understand why it is needed, and what results can be obtained after its completion. First of all, cleaning helps eliminate harmful substances from the intestines that provoke the development of serious diseases. Cleansing helps restore normal microflora and improvement immunity.
Such a procedure should be considered in the following cases:
- with constant apathy, fatigue, drowsiness;
- in case of plaque on the tongue and teeth, halitosis;
- with a feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen, constant bloating;
- with frequent constipationheadaches;
- in case of constant appearance of acne or skin rash.
Cleaning should be carried out for those people who manifest several of the listed symptoms at once. In addition, periodic preventive cleansing is recommended for those who lead a not too healthy lifestyle, do not eat well, have bad habits. That is, everyone who cares about their health should periodically carry out such a procedure.
Why is salt water needed?
Many who are familiar with this method of cleaning, reading about it and watching the corresponding video, have a question about why salt water is needed? This need is associated with the physiology of the body. Indeed, in its cells contains water of a certain salinity. The prepared solution with salt is "isotonic", that is, it contains about the same amount of salt as the cells of the body. That is why the salt solution actively passes through the digestive tract and is not absorbed, it also effectively rinses it.
The essence of the cleansing technique
People who used this technique noted that after they consumed salt water during bowel movements, particles of food consumed relatively long ago came out. The thing is that when food moves from the stomach to the intestines, it goes through many obstacles. Food particles get stuck in membranes, valves. With the help of exercises, the implementation of which provides for this technique, these valves can be relaxed. As a result, water penetrates the intestines, washing it and softening the feces.
Such a purification should be carried out 3-4 times a year. This is best done during off-season periods - in the fall and spring.
How to prepare for cleaning?
Before you start the cleansing procedure directly, you need to prepare for it at least for a week. These are the following rules:
- Fatty foods, as well as too salty and spicy foods, should be excluded from the diet. It is advisable not to eat meat for a week.
- Every day you need to take a warm bath in order to warm the body before the start of cleansing procedures.
- Morning during this week should begin with fresh juices, both fruit and vegetable. You can also drink tea with lemon and a honey supplement.
Who is not recommended for such a procedure?
Purification using salt is not possible in the following cases:
- Women should not do this during menstruation. Also, you can not do this to pregnant, lactating mothers.
- Do not clean people with gastrointestinal diseases, it is strictly forbidden to do this during an exacerbation of such diseases. It is, above all, about gastritis, prickpeptic ulcer hemorrhoids, pancreatitis and etc.
- Do not clean the intestines for colds, because at this time immunity worsens.
- Do not do this procedure for people suffering from diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- If a person has practiced fasting, then the intestines should be cleaned no earlier than a month after the course of fasting.
- At elevated temperatures, regardless of the reason, cleaning is also not carried out.
How to act so that the cleansing goes right?
Initially, you need to prepare a drink with salt to cleanse. To do this, in one liter of water, one tablespoon of sea salt is bred. For cleaning, other varieties of salt are also quite suitable - iodized, Himalayan, Hawaiian, oceanic. Water needs to be taken warm.
Further, the algorithm of actions should be as follows: drink one glass of water - do the exercises - drink a glass of water again - do the exercises. So you need to act until you have drunk six glasses of water.
The procedure is carried out in the morning, on an empty stomach, immediately after waking up. At this time, for several hours, it is necessary to provide free access to the toilet, since during this time it will be needed constantly. After visiting the toilet, it is not recommended to use paper - it is better to wash with clean water. Also on the day of cleaning you can not play sports.
The following exercises contribute to the active promotion of fluid in the digestive tract. Between water intake you need to perform the following complex:
- 1. Starting position - feet shoulder width apart. Make a “lock” with your hands and raise them above your head with your palms up. Slowly tilt - left and right. Run 8 slopes in each direction. This exercise will help to ensure that saline flows more actively from the stomach to the intestines.
- 2. Put your left hand to your chest, and stretch your right hand in front of you. Turn the upper body, while moving the right arm to the side. Swapping hands, make similar movements. In each direction you need to perform 8 turns.
- 3. Lie on your stomach, lean on your elbows and spread your legs so that between the heels is about 40 cm. Hold your breath, lean on your palms and make a turn to the right. Take a look at your heel and take a starting position. Each side should be turned 8 times.
- 4. Squat down with your feet so that your feet are 30 cm apart. From this position, one knee should be placed on the floor with your hands on your knees. Lean forward with your body, push your right foot towards the left foot on the floor with your hand. It is necessary to gently press the right foot on the stomach. Yoga provides just such a technique for performing the exercise. You need to perform 8 times in each direction. This exercise will facilitate the flow of fluid from the small intestine to the large.
Exercises must be performed quickly, without pauses between them.
After all six stages have been completed - that is, six glasses of salt water are drunk and six sets of exercises are done - the urge to go to the toilet should appear. If such a feeling did not appear, you need to repeat the entire cycle of exercises again, but no longer drink water. After a second cycle, I almost always want to go to the toilet. But if this did not happen, you need to make an enema with ordinary water.
When defecation has occurred, you must again repeat the cycle of six glasses of salt water and exercise. According to the rules of cleansing, you need to drink water until then, until it becomes clear that when defecating, only liquid comes out.
After the cleaning process, you need to drink three glasses of clean water without salt. Further, it is recommended to provoke vomiting so that the cleaning is complete. In general, it is not recommended to drink more than 14 glasses of water with salt per day. At a higher dose, there is a risk of injury to the digestive system.
To improve the cleaning result, lemon juice should be added to salt water. In a liter jar of salt water, squeeze the juice of one lemon.
The diet is also important directly on the day when the cleansing is carried out. Since cleaning is recommended in the morning, the first meal will be in the second. You can eat after cleaning within an hour after the complete completion of the entire cycle. The first dish after cleansing should be rice with butter, pasta hard varieties or oatmeal. The very next day, the diet may be more diverse. However, eating meat, dairy products, fruits and vegetables, as well as dairy products on the second day is still not possible. Also on this day is prohibited alcohol. But in a day you can eat in the usual way.
The most important advice in this case is: those who want to do such a cleaning should first visit a doctor and consult with him about the advisability of such a procedure. Despite the fact that a person can independently determine by its signs its necessity, it is better to hear the advice of a qualified specialist.
It is imperative to take into account all the contraindications listed above, and not to carry out the procedure if any.
It is necessary to carry out purification on a day that is completely free from any business and the need to go somewhere.
What problems can occur when cleaning with salt?
- Sometimes after a course of consumption of saline solution and exercises has been completed, defecation does not occur due to the gas plug formed. In this situation, abdominal massage can help. To do this, lie on your back, put a little pressure on your stomach and massage it. If there is no result, you need to lie on your back, place your hands along the torso and throw your legs behind your head. In this position should lie for about a minute.
- If, after consuming several glasses of water, one feels heaviness in the stomach and nausea, this indicates a poor passage of fluid into the intestines. To activate this process, you need to stop drinking saline and perform exercises three times in a row. When the nausea has passed, the liquid with salt can be drunk further.
- Provided that the liquid does not pass further, it is necessary to induce vomiting and stop the cleaning process. You can endure nausea without causing vomiting.
- Since stool with salt can cause irritation of the anus, after each emptying, you need to wash yourself with water and lubricate the anus petroleum jelly or vegetable oil.
Bowel cleansing with salt water: reviews and results
Numerous reviews about cleansing the intestines with salt water indicate that the procedure not only allows you to feel much better, rejuvenate the body and significantly improve the condition of the skin, but it can also be the first step on the road to losing weight. Cleansing with salt for those who want to lose weight is recommended once a month. However, you should not assume that this procedure is used directly to reduce weight. This is only an auxiliary method, since cleansing can improve metabolic processes in the body and, accordingly, helps to lose weight more actively.
There are also reviews that such a procedure is difficult to perceive. In particular, it is difficult for some people to endure the discomfort that occurs when consuming salt water. Some of them talk about unpleasant nausea that occurs in the process. Weakness, lethargy, and fatigue were also noted.
But most reviews talk about positive results, which were expressed in the appearance of lightness and freshness, weight loss. Nevertheless, given all the pros and cons, it is still advisable to consult a doctor before starting such a cleansing.