The use of fasting days has been widely used both in medical practice and in dietetic nutrition aimed at cleansing the body and correcting body weight. Most often, one-day fasting days are used, which do not pose any health hazard. Their frequency can vary widely, but the best option is one fasting day of 7-10 days.
It should be borne in mind that with the task of reducing body weight, the effectiveness of fasting days increases when they are regularly carried out against a background of diet and exercise. There are a great many varieties of fasting days in which certain products are used (mono-fasting day) or combinations thereof. Consider one of the most stringent and at the same time the most effective option for unloading, in which there is no food at all in the diet of the unloading day, and only water is used.
As the name implies, a fasting day on water involves drinking only 2-3 liters of water. A more accurate guide to the volume of water consumption can be the ratio: 30 mg of water for every kg of your weight. Exceeding the norm of its consumption is not recommended because of the risk of an increase in osmotic pressure and an increase in the load on the kidneys. In fact, this is a one-day fast.
What water can be used? There are several options: unboiled purified through a filter, spring or still mineral water. In the latter case, only table mineral water can be used, the mineralization level of which, as a rule, does not exceed 1 g / l. Such water can be used in unlimited quantities for drinking without a doctor’s prescription, in contrast to highly mineralized medicinal waters, which are not suitable for quenching thirst and are prescribed for specific diseases in a specific dosage and methodology for its consumption. It is preferable to use slightly chilled water. In this case, the body will be forced to expend energy to bring it to body temperature (an average of 200 calories per 2 liters of water).
The body, being only on water, experiences stress - stressHowever, in such a short period of time, adaptive (adaptive) reactions do not have time to develop. Despite the lack of carbohydrate intake, reserves glycogen in the body are quite sufficient for one day, respectively, the process glycogenesis the risk of metabolic transition to ketogenesis (use of fats as an energy source) is absent. Also, as there is no decrease in the basal metabolic rate, a change in the hormonal background, a decrease in heat production, a decrease in blood pressure, a decrease in the frequency of contractions of the heart and respiration, and a drop in activity due to the transition of the organism to the economy mode. Such phenomena develop only with longer starvation.
Rules for holding a fasting day on the water:
- The correct entry. For 1-2 days, exclude fatty, floury and fried foods from your diet. It is very important that dinner on the day prior to unloading is light and low in calories and no later than 18:00. For greater effectiveness, you can put a cleansing enema. It is not recommended to "unload" after a plentiful meal. It is useful to take a tablet of any vitamin-mineral complex on the day before unloading and on the day of exit.
- The exit from the fasting day should not be sharp. The next day, a mostly vegetable diet is recommended (vegetable salads with vegetable oil, juices, whole grain cereals, bran bread, bread rolls) with the inclusion of protein products (fish, seafood, cottage cheese, chicken breast, fermented milk products). Control your appetite and try not to overeat.
- Do not drink a lot of water at once, it is better to drink it in 200 ml every 30-40 minutes. It is recommended to drink the last portion no later than 20:00. If you feel hungry, you should drink a portion of water.
- It is useful to take a tablet of any vitamin-mineral complex on the day before unloading and on the day of exit.
- Prepare yourself mentally. Do not plan on an unloading day intense exercise. Due to the diuretic effect, a fasting day is best planned for a day off.
What are the results of the fasting day you can count on? First of all, those who hope to lose weight in this way will be disappointed. In the best case, your weight will drop within 500-600 g. In principle, such a day is more designed to cleanse the body from toxins and toxins, for rest of the digestive system. Additional benefits of unloading on water can manifest itself in the form of an improvement in the condition of the skin, a decrease in allergic manifestations / pseudo-allergic conditions, and an improvement in well-being (the appearance of vigor).
As for the psychological discomfort associated with the feeling of hunger, the more systematic and regular your fasting days on the water will be, the less discomfort you will feel during them.
- The water is not boiled, purified through a filter, spring water, table mineral water.
Approved Product Table
|Proteins, g||Fats, g||Carbohydrates, g||Calories, kcal|
|* data are per 100 g of product|
Fully or partially restricted products
- No food or drink is allowed.
Menu (Power Mode)
Water intake: 150-200 ml every 40-60 minutes, drink in small sips, slowly.
Unloading day on the water is contraindicated pregnant and lactating women with kidney disease, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, the elderly.
Advantages and disadvantages
Fasting day on the water, reviews and results
Among people who regularly practice fasting days on the water, reviews are mostly positive.
- "... Unloading days on the water I drive regularly 2 times a month for the past 2 years. I consume about 2 liters of table still water per day. I can stand it easily, but the next day I feel a strong appetite, so the main thing for me is to get out of it and prevent overeating. Well-being is significantly improved, there is lightness, vigor. I recommend".
- "... I periodically have an allergic reaction to pollen. Skin rashes appear. It helps a fasting day on the water. After it, the skin becomes much cleaner, and health is better.".
- "... To improve the body, a friend recommended to periodically hold fasting days. I tried unloading on fruits, cottage cheese and kefir, vegetables, but in the end I settled on the option of unloading on water, since it seemed to me more effective. It allows you to keep a normal figure, cleanses the body of toxic substances, toxins. In the beginning I suffered with difficulty, but now I do not feel hunger almost completely".
An unloading day on the water is low cost, and if possible, using spring water or filtered water can completely do without costs. If you buy bottled drinking water, then the costs will be at the level of 65 rubles, and if you buy table mineralized water, then about 200 rubles a day.