(5Z, 7E, 22E, 24S) -24-cyclopropyl-9,10-secokhol-5,7,10 (19), 22-tetraen-1-alpha, 3beta, 24-triol
In appearance, calcipotriol is a powdery substance, white or white with any shade. Synthetic vitamin Dused for treatment psoriasis. Molar mass of the substance = 412.6 grams per mole.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug inhibits the proliferation process keratinocytes, their morphological differentiation is accelerated. The substance affects the metabolism of calcium in the body. However, it has a relatively low activity, 100 times weaker vitamin d3. Calcipotriol also acts as an activation inhibitor T lymphocytestakes part in the regulation of immune processes in the skin.
With the systematic use of a cream or ointment based on the drug, the effect begins to manifest itself within 14 days. During experiments on rats, it was found that the drug has the ability to enhance the effect of ultraviolet radiation, to promote the development of skin tumors. The substance does not cause mutagenic changes, is not carcinogenic, does not affect reproductive ability and fertility.
After applying the cream or ointment to the affected skin, the drug is absorbed into the blood in a small amount. Depending on the condition of the skin and dosage form, the degree of absorption is from 1 to 6%. The solution for external use has the lowest absorption capacity, about 1%.
In the body, the substance is metabolized in the tissues of the liver, where two pharmacologically inactive metabolites form and are excreted during the day by the intestines and kidneys.
Indications for use
Calcipotriol is used:
- for the treatment of vulgar psoriasis;
- in chronic psoriasis scalp.
The medicine is contraindicated for use:
- if the patient allergy on this substance;
- with progressive psoriasis;
- sick pustular psoriasis;
- in diseases with impaired calcium metabolism;
- on the face.
- at hypercalcemia;
- patients with hypervitaminosis Dwith a predisposition to hypercalciuria;
- sick nephrourolithiasis (even a history);
- with diseases of the kidneys and liver;
- under the age of 18 and over 65 years old.
When using Calcipotriol in the form of an ointment, the following were manifested:
- itching, burning sensation, skin irritation;
- peeling, erythemadry skin, rashes, dermatitis;
- exacerbation of the disease, folliculitisa change in skin pigmentation, hypercalcemia.
After applying the cream, you may experience: local irritation on the skin, itching, allergic rashes, dermatitisexacerbation of the disease.
When using the solution, there are: a sensation of tingling and burning of the skin, a rash on the skin, irritation and dryness, exacerbation of the disease.
When the drug enters the systemic circulation, the following side effects are observed:
increased levels of calcium in the blood (reversible), increased sensitivity of the skin to light;
allergic reactions Quincke's edemaswelling of the face (very rare when using the solution).
Calcipotriol, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
Calcipotriol preparations are used exclusively externally.
Various dosage forms are applied to the affected skin 2 times a day. During the day, you can use no more than 15 grams of the product, during the week - no more than 100 grams.
It should be remembered that the effect of the use of the drug is observed after 7-14 days. And the course of treatment is from 6 to 8 weeks.
In case of an overdose, symptoms will appear hypercalcemia. The drug is canceled, symptomatic treatment is used.
Calcipotriol cannot be combined with topical topical medicines salicylic acid.
If during the treatment with calcipotriol the patient has allergic reactions, then the therapy is stopped.
The drug is likely to be ineffective in the treatment of other species. dermatoses.
Do not use ointment, cream or a solution of the drug on an area of more than 30% of the skin surface. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
During treatment, it is recommended to check the level of calcium in the blood. In case of an increase in calcium, the drug is canceled. Systemic side effects gradually disappear after drug withdrawal.
If the therapy is long, then the risk of development must be excluded. hypercalcemia and calcium kidney stones.
The effectiveness of treatment will be higher if the patient is additionally prescribed PUVA therapy.
During pregnancy and lactation
When using small dosages and short-term use of the drug, it is, according to indications, permissible to use during pregnancy.
It is not known whether it is excreted in breast milk, therefore breast-feeding is recommended to be interrupted.
Preparations that contain (Analogs)Matches for ATX Level 4 code:PsorkutanXamiolBeroxanPsoriaticGive freeDayvonexAmmifurin
Calcipotriol preparations: Glenriasis, Dayvonex, Psorkutan; Xamiol, Give free (combination with Betamethasone).
Reviews on the use of calcipotriol in the form of an ointment:
- “... The cure for plaques on the skin did not help me. But then, when psoriasis on the nails manifested, the ointment came just, by the way, everything went almost immediately”;
- “... I have been suffering from psoriasis for about 10 years. This ointment helped a lot, plaques on the skin went away, itching too. But still, I recommend that you first consult a doctor, otherwise it will not work for you”;
- “... I really like the medicine, the main thing is that the remedy is not hormonal. I’ll smear it at night - in the morning there’s neither redness nor itching”.
Calcipotriol price, where to buy
The price of ointment with calcipotriol Dayvonex is approximately 1000 rubles per 30 gram tube.