- IN 1 tablet - 200 and 400 mg ofloxacin. Corn starch, MCC, talc, magnesium stearate, polyvinylpyrrolidoneAerosil as auxiliary components.
- In 100 ml solution - 200 mg of the active substance. Sodium chloride and water, as auxiliary components.
- In 1 g ointments - 0.3 g of active substance. Nipagin, petroleum jelly, nipazole, as auxiliary components.
- ointment in tubes of 3 g or 5 g;
- coated tablets of 200 and 400 mg;
- solution for infusion in bottles of 100 ml.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Is Ofloxacin an antibiotic or not? Is not antibiotic, and an antibacterial agent from the group fluorinated quinolonesthat is not the same thing. Differs from antibiotics in structure and origin. Fluoroquinolones have no analogue in nature, and antibiotics are products of natural origin.
The bactericidal effect is associated with the inhibition of DNA gyrase, which entails a violation of DNA synthesis and cell division, changes in the cell wall, cytoplasm and cell death. The inclusion of a fluorine atom in the quinoline molecule changed the spectrum of antibacterial action - it has expanded significantly and also includes microorganisms resistant to antibiotics and strains that produce beta-lactamases.
Gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms are sensitive to the drug, as well as chlamydia, ureaplasmas, mycoplasmas, gardnerella. Inhibits the growth of mycobacteria tuberculosis. Does not affect Treponema pallidum. Microflora resistance develops slowly. A pronounced post-antibiotic effect is characteristic.
Absorption after oral administration is good. Bioavailability 96%. An insignificant part of the drug binds to proteins. The maximum concentration is determined after 1 h. It is well distributed in tissues, organs and fluids, penetrates into the cells. Significant concentrations are observed in saliva, sputum, lung, myocardium, intestinal mucosa, bones, prostate tissue, female genital organs, skin and fiber.
It penetrates well through all barriers and into the cerebrospinal fluid. About 5% of the dose is biotransformed in the liver. The half-life is 6-7 hours. With repeated administration, cumulation is not expressed. It is excreted by the kidneys (80-90% of the dose) and a small part with bile. With renal failure, T1 / 2 increases. With liver failure, excretion may also slow down.
Indications for use
- bronchitis, pneumonia;
- ENT diseases of organs (pharyngitis, sinusitis, otitis, laryngitis);
- kidney and urinary tract diseases (pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis);
- infections of the skin, soft tissues, bones;
- endometritis, salpingitis, parametritis, oophoritis, cervicitis, colpitis, prostatitis, epididymitis, orchitis;
- gonorrhea, chlamydia;
- corneal ulcers blepharitis, conjunctivitis, keratitis, barley, chlamydial lesions of the eyes, prevention of infection after injuries and operations (for ointment).
- age up to 18 years;
- epilepsy or increased convulsive readiness after traumatic brain injury, cerebrovascular accident and other diseases of the central nervous system;
- previously noted tendon damage after administration fluoroquinolones;
- peripheral neuropathy;
- intolerance lactose;
- age up to 1 year (for ointment).
With caution is prescribed for organic diseases of the brain, myasthenia gravissevere violations of the liver and kidneys, hepatic porphyria, heart failure, diabetes, myocardial infarctionparoxysmal ventricular tachycardia, bradycardiain old age.
Common adverse reactions:
- nauseadecreased appetite;
- diarrhea, abdominal pain;
Less common and very rare adverse reactions:
- increased activity transaminase, cholestatic jaundice;
- hepatitis, hemorrhagic colitis, pseudomembranous colitis;
- headache, dizziness;
- restlessness, irritability;
- insomniaintense dreams;
- anxiety, phobias;
- paresthesia of limbsperipheral neuropathy;
- noise in ears, hearing impairment;
- violation of color perception, double vision;
- taste disturbances;
- tendonitis, myalgia, arthralgiapain in the limbs;
- tendon rupture;
- palpitations ventricular arrhythmia, hypertension;
- dry cough, dyspnea, bronchospasm;
- leukopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- impaired renal function, dysuria, urinary retention;
- rash, itching of the skin, hives;
- intestinal dysbiosis.
Instructions for use ofloxacin (method and dosage)
Ofloxacin ointment, instructions for use
For the lower eyelid, 1-1.5 cm of ointment is laid 3 times a day. In the presence of chlamydial eye lesions - 5 times a day. Treatment is carried out no more than 2 weeks. With the simultaneous use of several drugs, the ointment is used last.
Ofloxacin tablets, instructions for use
The tablets are taken orally, whole, before or during meals. The dose is selected depending on the severity of the infection, liver and kidney function. The usual dose is 200-600 mg per day, divided into 2 doses. In severe infections and overweight, the daily dose increases to 800 mg. At gonorrhea 400 mg is prescribed in one dose, once, in the morning.
Children are appointed for health reasons, if there is no replacement with other means. The daily dose is 7.5 mg per kg of body weight.
Patients with impaired renal function are dosed. In patients with severe impaired liver function, the daily dose should be no more than 400 mg. The duration of treatment is determined by the severity of the disease. Treatment is continued for another 3 days after normalization of temperature or after laboratory tests confirming microorganism eradication. Most often, the duration of the course of treatment is 7-10 days, with salmonellosis 7 days for urinary tract infections up to 5 days. Treatment should not be more than 2 months. In the treatment of certain diseases, Ofloxacin is first given intravenously 2 times a day with a switch to oral administration.
Drops with active substance ofloxacin issued under the name Danzil, Phloxal, Uniflox. See the instructions for use of these drugs.
Manifested dizziness, retardation, drowsiness, confusion, disorientation, spasms, vomiting. Treatment consists of gastric lavage, forced diuresis and symptomatic therapy. With convulsive syndrome use Diazepam.
Upon appointment sucralfataantacids and preparations containing aluminum, zinc, magnesium or iron, reduced absorption ofloxacin. There is an increase in the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants when taken with this drug. Coagulation system control required.
The risk of neurotoxic effects and convulsive activity increases with the simultaneous administration of NSAIDs, derivatives nitroimidazole and methylxanthines.
When applied with Theophylline its clearance decreases and the elimination half-life increases.
The simultaneous use of hypoglycemic agents can lead to hypo- or hyperglycemic conditions.
When applied with Cyclosporine there is an increase in its concentration in the blood and half-life.
Probenecid, Furosemide, Cimetidine and Methotrexate reduce tubular secretion of the active substance, which entails an increase in its concentration in blood plasma.
Perhaps a sharp decrease in blood pressure when applied barbiturates and antihypertensive drugs.
When applied with glucocorticosteroids there is a risk of tendon rupture.
Possible prolongation of the QT interval with the use of antipsychotics, antiarrhythmic drugs, tricyclic antidepressants, macrolides, imidazole derivatives, astemizole, terfenadine, ebastina.
The use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate and citrates, which alkalize urine, increases the risk of crystalluria and nephrotoxicity.
Terms of sale
It is released on prescription.
Storage temperature up to 25 ° C.
Ofloxacin and alcohol
Alcohol is not compatible with this medication. During treatment, alcohol is not allowed.
Ofloxacin analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:SyfloxHailefloxLeflobactLefoccinGatifloxacinFactTigeronLebelZanocinLomefloxacinElefloxLomfloxPefloxacinTsiprobaySparfloTarividZofloxAbactalMoxifloxacinLevofloxacin
Tableted preparations: Zanocin, Zoflox, Ofloxin.
Solutions for infusion: Oflo, Tarivid, Ofloxabol.
Ofloxacin analog, available as an eye ointment - Phloxalin the form of eye / ear drops - Danzil, Uniflox.
Reviews of Ofloxacin
Fluoroquinolones occupy a leading position among antimicrobial agents and are considered as an alternative to highly active antibiotics in the treatment of severe infections. At present, the monofluorinated representative of the second generation has not lost its leading position -ofloxacin.
The advantage of this drug over other fluoroquinolones is its very high bioavailability, as well as the slowly and rarely developing resistance of microorganisms to it.
Given the high activity against STI pathogens, this drug is widely used in dermatovenerology in the treatment of STIs: urogenital chlamydia, gonorrhea, gonorrhea-chlamydial, mycoplasma and ureaplasma infection. Chlamydia eradication is observed in 81-100% of cases and it is considered the most effective of all fluoroquinolones. This is also testified by the reviews of Ofloxacin:
- "... I took this drug, treated mycoplasma and ureaplasma. Effectively";
- "... It helped me, drank with cystitis, no side effects. The drug is inexpensive and effective".
A wide spectrum of action, good penetration into the tissues of the genitals, urinary system, secretion of the prostate gland, long-term preservation of concentrations in the focus determines its use in urological and gynecological diseases. So, there are reviews that taking this drug for 3 days has shown high effectiveness in relapsing cystitis in women. It was prescribed for prophylactic purposes after diathermocoagulation of cervical erosion after administration intrauterine contraceptivesafter abortionsuccessfully applied when prostatitis, epididymitis.
Being not an antibiotic, it does not affect the vaginal and intestinal flora, does not cause dysbiosis. According to patients, this remedy is poorly tolerated. Most often, side effects from the gastrointestinal tract were noted, less often - from the central nervous system and skin-allergic reactions, very rarely - transient changes in liver test parameters. The drug does not have hepato-, nephro- and ototoxic effects.
- "... there was nausea, stomach was seething, there was no appetite";
- "... I was very sick, I couldn’t eat anything, but I finished the course of treatment";
- "... After taking insomnia. I suspect that from the drug, because I used to sleep well";
- "... threw into the heat and cold sweat, there was a panic fear".
To many patients with conjunctivitis, blepharitis and keratitis prescribed eye drops with the active substance ofloxacin (Uniflox, Phloxal, Danzil), reviews of which are positive. Patients used them 4-5 times a day with blepharitis and conjunctivitis and noted a significant improvement within 2-3 days. Due to the high bioavailability of the active substance, drops can also be used for deeper lesions - uveitis, scleritis and iridocyclitis.
Ofloxacin price, where to buy
You can buy the drug at any pharmacy. The cost depends on the manufacturer. The price of Ofloxacin in tablets of 200 mg of Russian production (Ozone, Makiz Pharma, OJSC Synthesis) ranges from 26 rubles. up to 30 rub. for 10 tablets, and the cost of tablets is 400 mg No. 10 from 53 to 59 rubles. Ofloxacin Teva, produced only in 200 mg tablets, costs more - 163-180 rubles. Eye ointment (Kurgan Synthesis OJSC) costs from 38 to 64 rubles. in different pharmacies.
The price of Ofloxacin in Ukraine is 11-14 UAH. (tablets), 35-40 UAH. (solution for infusion).
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Levofloxacin tablets p.p. 500mg No. 5 VertexVertex AO394 rub.order
- Ofloxacin tab. po about 200mg n10Zentiva k.s. 174 rub.order
- Ciprofloxacin tab. p.p.o. 500mg n10Ozone LLC41 rub.order
- Ofloxacin tab. p.p.o. 400mg n10Ozone LLC54 rub.order
- Levofloxacin tablets p / o captive. 500mg No. 10 OzonOzon OOO320 rub.order
- Ofloxacin (tab.p / o 200mg No. 10) 21 rub.order
- Levofloxacin (tab.pl./v. 250 mg No. 5) 166 rub.order
- Ofloxacin (tab.p / o 200mg No. 10) 188 rubles.order
- Levofloxacin (tab.pl./pr. 500 mg No. 10) 646 rub.
- Levofloxacin-Teva 500mg tablets number 14634 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Ciprofloxacin-akos eye drops 0.3% 5 mlSynthesis OJSC18 rub.order
- Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic drops 0.3% 10 ml Renewed PFK AO Update42 rub.order
- Ofloxacin-Teva 200 mg No. 10 tabl Pharmaceutical Plant Teva Pray196 rub.order
- Levofloxacin-Vertex 500 mg No. 5 tabOzon OOO342 rub.order
- Ciprofloxacin 250 mg No. 10 tablets Synthesis (Barrow) OJSC 17 rub.
- Ofloxacin-Darnitsa 0.2 No. 10 tablets PrAT "Pharmaceutical company" Darnitsya ", Ukraine19 UAH order
- Ofloxacin 0.2 g No. 10 tablets AT "Lekhim-Kharkiv", Ukraine19 UAH order
- Ofloxacin 200 mg 100 ml No. 1 solution Є Eurolife Heltkear Pvt. Ltd., Іndіya45 UAH order
- Ciprofloxacin 0.2% 100 ml solution 30 UAH
- Ciprofloxacin 0.25 No. 10 tablets PrAT "Technologist", metro station Uman, Cherkasy region, Ukraine15 UAH order
- Enrofloxacin-50 100ml Ukraine, Kharkov-Product 82 UAH to order
- LEVOFLOXACACIN tablets Levofloxacin tablets, film-coated 500mg No. 10 Ukraine, Health LLC 145 UAH order
- Ciprofloxacin infusion Ciprofloxacin infusion solution 0.2% 100ml Ukraine, Novofarm-Biosynthesis LLC 18 UAH order
- Ciprofloxacin infusion Ciprofloxacin infusion solution 0.2% 100ml Ukraine, Yuriya-Farm OOO 37 UAH order
- LEVOFLOXACACIN tablets Levofloxacin coated tablets 500mg No. 10 Ukraine, Technologist PJSC 122 UAH to order
- Ofloxacin 2 mg / ml 100 ml solution d / inf.Synthesis OJSC (Russia) 205 tg.order
- Ciprofloxacin 0.25 g No. 10 tab.po. Synthesis of JSC (Russia) 195 tg.
- Ciprofloxacin 0.5 g No. 10 tab.p. Synthesis of OJSC (Russia) 310 tenge
- Ciprofloxacin 200 mg 100 ml solution d / in. Kelun pharmaceutical factory (China) 95 tg.