Levamisole hydrochloride, corn starch, sodium saccharinate, talc, povidone, apricot flavor, magnesium stearate, yellow dye.
Tablets are flat, round in shape, light orange in color 50 and 150 mg in blister packs No. 1 and 2 in a cardboard box.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Wikipedia defines Dekaris as anthelminticpossessing an immunomodulatory effect. The drug depolarizes the helminth muscle membranes, inhibits the enzymatic activity of fumarate reductase and succinate dehydrogenase, and suppresses bioenergetic processes. Paralyzed nematodes within a day after taking the drug are removed from the body by intestinal motility.
The immunomodulatory effect of the drug is manifested by enhanced production of antibodies to antigens and T-cell response, activation of T-lymphocytes, increased function of macrophages, monocytes and neutrophils (phagocytosis, chemotaxis and adhesion).
When taken orally, the drug is rapidly absorbed from the digestive tract. Blood count after taking the drug is achieved after 1.5-2 hours. Levamisole metabolism occurs in the liver; its metabolites are glucuronide and hydroxy-levamisole. The elimination half-life is 3-6 hours. It is excreted in the form of metabolites with urine and feces.
Indications for use
Helminth infection (hookworm, ascariasis, necatorosis, trichostrongiasis, trichocephalosis, strongyloidosis, enterobiosis, toxoplasmosis).
- high sensitivity to the drug;
- agranulocytosis a history of medication;
- age up to 3 years;
- period of pregnancy and lactation.
Take with care when inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis, hepatic and renal failure.
Insomnia, headache, dizziness, cramps, palpitations, encephalopathy, dyspeptic disorders, skin rash, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, tremor.
Dekaris tablets, instructions for use (method and dosage)
Adults take orally during meals in the following dosage:
- At toxoplasmosis: Once at a time 150 mg per day for three days. If necessary, the treatment can be repeated with intervals of one 1 week.
- At helminthiasis: once, at bedtime, in a dose of 150 mg for adults and at the rate of 2.5 mg / kg for children. If necessary, the course can be repeated again after 1-2 weeks.
Instructions for use of Dekaris indicate the need to study peripheral blood before treatment, and during the treatment period, to monitor the number of leukocytes. During the administration of the drug and after, for one day, it is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
When taking a large dose of the drug (more than 600 mg), signs of intoxication may appear in the form of nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, diarrhea, seizures, and confusion.
Decaris cannot be taken with ethanol, lipophilic compounds (carbon tetrachloride, oil henopodia, tetrachlorethylene, chloroform) and drugs that cause leukopenia.
The drug enhances the effect indirect anticoagulants and phenytoin.
Terms of sale
At a temperature of 15-25 ° C.
Dekaris for children
Decaris for children, given the significant number of possible side effects in the treatment of helminthiasis, can be taken only after consulting a doctor. Tablets for children are available in a dose of 50 mg of levamisole.
How to take the drug for children? One tablet (50 mg) is designed for 10 kg of a child’s weight. The instruction for the drug contains a dosage calculation for children. Estimated dosages for children from 3 to 6 years are 25-50 mg; from 6 to 10 -50-75 mg; from 10 to 14 years old - 75-100 mg. However, the calculation of the dosage by the weight of the child is more accurate and reduces the likelihood of side effects.
Dekaris to enhance immunity
It is practically not used to increase immunity in children. There are many modern highly effective and relatively safe immunomodulators that the doctor will prescribe for your child if necessary. Reviews on taking Dekaris in children in most cases are positive. Judging by them, side effects in children occur less often than in adults. This is probably due to the fact that parents, giving Dekaris from worms to the child, strictly observe the dosage of the drug prescribed by the doctor. The reviews noted a good anthelmintic effect of Dekaris, and the convenience of a single dose.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:Levamisole
Analogues of Decaris for the active substance - Levamisole. Preparations with similar therapeutic effects include: Pyrantel, Vermox, Helminthox, Piperazine, Mebendazole, Wormin, Medamine, Biltricid, Telmox, Nemozole, Tansy flowers, Pumpkin seeds and others.
Reviews for Dekaris
Reviews about the drug vary widely. Many patients taking Decaris tablets for worms report severe side effects in the form of an unpleasant odor, severe nausea, headaches, dizziness, vomiting, and a skin rash. Because of this, some parents are afraid to give to children. But in most cases, complaints about the ineffectiveness of the drug, for both adults and children in the treatment of helminthic invasions, are absent.
Many site visitors are interested in how they go worms after using the drug. Helminths, who died from paralysis, are excreted from the body within a day after taking the drug in a natural way (through the intestines with feces). Some ask why Decaris tablets are prescribed, implying what types of worms it acts on. The drug is effective against nematodes (roundworms), which include roundworms, pinworms, trichinella, toxocara, whipworm.
Dekaris, reviews of doctors
Most doctors speak about Dekaris favorably, noting its high effectiveness:
- “... in my practice as a doctor in a rural outpatient clinic, I use Dekaris quite often. Many patients, having read negative reviews on the Internet, are afraid to take the drug. Sometimes they have to dissuade them for a long time. In my personal, almost ten-year practice, there have been only a few cases of moderate consequences. Most people tolerate the recommended dose completely. I personally and my family have been taking Dekaris for preventive purposes (3 cats and a dog live at home) for almost 7 years. And no serious complications were observed. It should be remembered that the phenomena of headache and nausea are a consequence of intoxication of the body, which is formed due to difficulties in emptying the intestines. To this end, you can take a laxative drug, as well as the drug must be taken at night, then the patient practically does not notice side effects ".
Dekaris's price, where to buy
The price of Decaris 50 mg tablets No. 2 varies from 68 to 75 rubles per pack; 150 mg No. 1 - 88-92 rubles. The price of Dekaris in Ukraine in a dosage of 50 mg No. 1 is 28-35 hryvnias; 150mg No. 1 - 40-44 hryvnias. You can buy the drug in most pharmacies in Moscow and the pharmacy network of Ukraine.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Dekaris Tab. 150mg n1OAO Gideon Rich76 rub.order
- Dekaris (tab. 50mg No. 2) 71 rub.order
- Dekaris (tab. 150mg No. 1) 79 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Dekaris 50mg.№2OAO Gideon Richter74 rub.order
- Dekaris 150mg.№1OAO Gideon Richter80 rub.order
- Decaris 50 mg N2 tablets Gideon Rihter Rumuniya A.T., Rumuniya79 UAH.order
- Dekaris tablets Dekaris tablets 50mg No. 2 Hungary, Gedeon Richter 86 UAH order
- Dekaris 150 mg No. 1 tablet Gedeon Richter (Hungary) 770 tg.order
- Dekaris 50 mg No. 2 tablets Gideon Richter Romania AO (Romania) 795 tg.