The composition of one tablet of the drug Ketilept may include 150 mg, 100 mg, 25 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg quetiapine.
Additional substances: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxy starch, magnesium stearate, povidone, silicon dioxide.
Shell composition: titanium dioxide, hypromellose, macrogol 4000, lactose monohydrate, triacetin.
White biconvex tablets of a round form, with an engraving in the form of "E" and "202" on one surface, flavourless.
- 10 tablets with a dosage of 25 mg in a blister; three or six blisters in a pack of cardboard.
- 30 or 60 tablets with a dosage of 25 mg in a dark, glass vial; one bottle in a cardboard bundle.
- 10 tablets with a dosage of 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg or 300 mg in a blister; six blisters in a cardboard bundle.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Group drug antipsychotics. The drug exhibits a greater affinity for 5-HT2 type serotonin receptors,than to dopamine receptors type D1 and D2. Also has the best affinity for α1-adrenergic receptors and histamine receptorsthan to α2-adrenergic receptors.
Quetiapine in animals causes unexpressed catalepsy in a dose blocking dopamine D2 receptors. Selectively suppresses mesolimbic dopaminergic neurons.
Does not cause a continuous increase in level prolactin. Proven efficacy in treating symptoms schizophrenia.
Action on receptors type 5-HT2 and D2 lasts for 12 hours after taking the medicine.
When used internally, it is well absorbed from the intestines. Eating does not alter bioavailability. Plasma protein binding reaches 83%.
Actively transformed in the liver. CYP3A4 is the main enzyme metabolism quetiapine. The main derivatives do not have pronounced activity.
The elimination half-life is approximately 7 hours. About 72% of the active substance is excreted in the urine and 22% through the intestines. Up to 5% quetiapine excreted unchanged by the kidneys or intestines.
Indications for use
- Psychoses acute and chronic in nature, including schizophrenia.
- Therapy manic episodes on the background bipolar disorder.
- Therapy depressive episodes on the background bipolar disorder.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Use the drug with caution in persons with convulsive seizures, liver failure, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disorders or other conditions provoking arterial hypotension; in elderly patients.
- Hematopoiesis disorders: eosinophilia, leukopenia, neutropenia.
- Metabolism disorders: weight gain, increase in total cholesterol, serum transaminases, GGT, triglycerides after eating diabetes, hyperglycemia.
- Disorders of the nervous system: headache, dizziness, anxiety, drowsiness, psychomotor agitation, fainting, tremorepileptic seizures.
- Circulatory disorders: orthostatic hypotension, tachycardia.
- Respiratory Disorders: pharyngitis, rhinitis.
- Digestive Disorders: constipationdry mouth dyspepsia, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Genital disorders: priapism.
- Allergic reactions: hypersensitivity.
- Other reactions: subfebrile condition, mild asthenia, pain in the lower back and chest, peripheral swellingdry skin myalgiadecreased visual acuity, neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
Instructions for use of Ketilept (Method and dosage)
Instructions for use of Ketilept prescribes to take the tablets inside, regardless of the meal.
At acute and chronic psychoses, including schizophrenia, the medicine is prescribed twice a day. The total daily dose in the first four days of treatment is: 50 mg on the first day, 100 mg on the second day, 200 mg on the third day and 300 mg on the fourth. From the fourth day, the daily dose of Ketilept is usually 300-450 mg. The daily dosage may vary between 150-750 mg. The highest recommended daily dosage for this pathology is 750 mg.
For therapy manic episodes amid bipolar disorderthe medicine is taken twice a day. The total daily dose in the first four days of treatment is: 50 mg on the first day, 100 mg on the second day, 200 mg on the third day and 300 mg on the fourth. By the sixth day, the dosage is selected up to 800 mg per day in increments of up to 200 mg per day. The effective dosage is usually in the range of 400-800 per day. The highest daily dosage for this pathology is 850 mg.
For therapy depressive episodes with bipolar disorderthe medicine is prescribed once a day at night. The total daily dose in the first four days of treatment is: 50 mg on the first day, 100 mg on the second day, 200 mg on the third day and 300 mg on the fourth. The recommended dosage is about 300 mg per day. The highest recommended daily dosage for this pathology is 600 mg.
For maintaining remissionrecommended to use the lowest dose. Patients should be periodically examined to identify the need for maintenance therapy.
The resumption of a suspended course of treatment in people who have previously taken Ketilept
When resuming treatment less than seven days after discontinuation of the drug, admission is allowed to continue at a dosage appropriate for maintenance therapy.
When resuming treatment in people who have not received the drug for more than seven days, you should re-follow the recommendations of the initial dosage selection and establish it according to the clinical response of the patient.
The recommended initial dose in elderly patients is 25 mg per day, then the dosage should be increased to 25-50 mg per day until an acceptable dosage is reached, which is usually lower than in younger patients.
Patients with impaired renal and hepatic function are recommended to start treatment with 25 mg per day, then each day the dosage is increased by 25-50 mg until an effective dose for this patient is detected.
Signs of an overdose: drowsiness, tachycardiaand lowering blood pressure, coma.
Overdose Treatment: Selective antidotes no; symptomatic therapy, maintenance of the lungs and heart, providing the necessary oxygenation and ventilation.
When combined with Ketoconazole or Erythromycin it is possible that an increase in the concentration of the active substance of Ketilept in the blood and the development of undesirable effects.
When used simultaneously with Carbamazepine, phenytoin, rifampicin, barbituratesconcentration decreases quetiapinein blood.
When combined with Thioridazine excretion acceleration is recorded quetiapine.
Terms of sale
Store at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children.
The drug should be used with caution in persons with diagnosed circulatory diseases, cerebrovascular disorders or other conditions leading to arterial hypotension.
The drug can provoke orthostatic hypotension, mainly in the initial period of treatment and in elderly patients.
Ketilept with prolonged use can cause development tardive dyskinesia. In such a case, the question of reducing the dosage or discontinuing the drug should be decided.
Communication is possible neuroleptic malignant syndrome with ongoing antipsychotic therapy. The syndrome is characterized muscle rigidity, hyperthermia,altered cognitive status, lability of the autonomic nervous system, increased level creatine phosphokinase. In such cases, Ketilept must be discontinued and appropriate therapy given.
Signs acute cancellationvery rare after the sudden cessation of high doses of the drug. However, if it is necessary to stop taking the drug, a gradual dose reduction is advised.
The drug can cause orthostatic hypotension with the development of dizziness, tachycardiaand fainting, mainly in the initial period of treatment.
In extremely rare cases, during the period of taking the drug, cases were noted hyperglycemia and exacerbations of the existing diabetes.
Ketilept can cause drowsiness, therefore, at the beginning of treatment, the patient should be prohibited from driving vehicles.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:LaquelLeponexZalastaQuentiaxClozastenZiprexOlanzapineClozapineQuetiapineSeroquelAzaleptin
Gedonin, Victoel, Quentiax, Quetitex, Ketiap, Lakvel, Kutipin, Nantarid, Seroquel, Servitel, Quetiapin, Seroquel Prolong.
The drug is not used in children.
During pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy possible only with strict indications and under the supervision of a doctor. During lactation, Ketilept is forbidden to take.
Reviews about Ketilept
In general, reviews of Ketilept characterize the drug well. However, when compared with analogues, many patients opt for Seroqueldue to its lower ability to cause unwanted effects and a more “mild effect”.
Ketilept price, where to buy
The price of Ketilept 200 mg No. 60 in Russia is 2700-3050 rubles. In Ukraine, the purchase of this form of release will cost an average of 1,500-1900 hryvnias.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Ketilept Tab. p.p.o. 200mg n60Egis3054 rub.order
- Ketilept Tab. p.p.o. 300mg n60Egis3233 rub.order
- Ketilept Tab. p.p.o. 100mg n60Egis1611 rub.order
- Ketilept (tab. N / a 300mg No. 60) 3288 rub.order
- Ketilept (tab.p / o 200mg No. 60) 2823 rubles.order
- Ketilept (tab.p / o 100mg No. 60) 1447 rub.order
- Ketilept 100 mg No. 30 tablets ZAT FZ Egis, Ugorshchina309 UAH
- Ketilept 25 mg No. 30 tablets ZAT ФЗ ЕГІС / ВАТ Pharmaceutical factory ЕГІС, Ugorshchina / Ugorshchina109 UAH order
- Ketilept 200 mg N30 tablets ZAT FZ Egis, Ugorshchina495 UAH.order
- Ketilept tablets Ketilept tab.p / obol. 25mg No. 30 Hungary, Egis 130 UAH to order
- Ketilept tablets Ketilept tab.p / obol. 200 mg №30 Hungary, Egis 550 UAH to order
- Ketilept tablets Ketilept tab.p / obol. 100 mg №30 Hungary, Egis 328 UAH to order