Azimed tablets contain 500 mg azithromycin dihydrate (in terms of azithromycin) + anhydrous calcium hydrogen phosphate, corn starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, indigo carmine dye, sodium starch glycolate, sodium lauryl sulfate, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, triacetin.
Azimed Suspension is available in a dosage of 200 or 100 mg azithromycin 5 ml of the product + sucrose, xanthan gum, banana, vanilla and cherry flavors, sodium phosphate, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide.
The medicine is released in the form of elongated blue coated tablets with rounded edges and notch.
Tablets are sold in blisters for 3 or 10 pieces, in a cardboard pack 1 blister.
Also, the medicine is sold in bottles of 20 or 30 ml of dark glass, the contents of the bottle are a suspension for oral administration with a fruity taste and smell. Included is a measuring spoon.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Azithromycin belong to the group macrolide antibiotics. The drug has a wide spectrum of action. The active component binds to 50S subunit of the ribosome and inhibits the synthesis of proteins of harmful agents. The medicine is active against gram-positive bacteria (Streptococcus pneumoniae, S. agalacticae, Staphylococcus aureus, S. pyogenes, streptococcus groups C, F, G, S. epidermidis); gram negative (Haemophilus influenzae, H. ducrei, Bordetella pertussis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Brucella melitensis, Gardnerella vaginalis, H. Parainfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, B. parapertussis, N. meningitidis, Helicobacter pylori); anaerobic bacteria (Clostridium spp., Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp.).
Also, the drug has a detrimental effect on Legionella pneumophila, C. pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Treponema pallidum, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Listeria monocitogenes, Borrelia burgdorferi.
The medicine is very well absorbed by internal use, is quickly distributed throughout the body, and reaches high concentrations in target cells. The maximum plasma concentration is after 2 hours. Protein poorly bound blood plasma.
The drug is completely excreted in 2-4 days. About 12% antibiotic excreted in urine and bile unchanged, the remaining 80% - in the form of inactive metabolites.
Indications for use
Azimed is prescribed for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microbes sensitive to its action.
- at beshikhachronic form erythema migrans, impetigosecondary pyodermatosis;
- for treating infections ENT organs, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis, pharyngitis;
- with not complicated pneumoniabacterial bronchitis;
- at STD, urethritis, cervicitis;
- to eliminate infections of the stomach and duodenum caused by the bacterium Helicobacter.
The drug is contraindicated:
- in the presence of reactions hypersensitivity on antibiotics of this series (macrolides) or other components of the product;
- simultaneous administration of derivatives ergot;
- tablets are not prescribed for children whose weight is less than 45 kg.
The medicine has a number of side effects that may occur:
- vertigo, dizziness, drowsiness, paresthesia, astheniatrouble sleeping;
- arrhythmiaventricular tachycardiafeeling of palpitations;
- nausea, diarrhea, anorexiavomiting, abdominal pain, indigestion;
- itching and skin rashes, hives, Quincke's edema, erythemasensitivity to light;
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- constipationchanging the color of the tongue, gastritisincreased gas production, pancreatitis;
- violation of smell, taste, hearing impairment, cramps, headache;
- renal failure, vaginitis, anaphylaxis, swelling, candidiasis;
- tinnitus, aggressiveness and anxiety, a sense of anxiety, nervousness.
Rarely may develop:
- decline blood pressurepain in the sternum and behind the sternum, lengthening the interval QT;
- pseudomembranous colitis;
- level up enzymes liver hepatitis, jaundice;
- liver dysfunction necrotic hepatitis.
Instructions for Azimed (method and dosage)
To better absorb the drug, tablets and suspension are recommended to be taken 60 minutes before or 2 hours after a meal.
Instructions for tablets Azimed 500
The medicine is usually taken once a day.
The tablet must be swallowed whole, without separation and without chewing, so as not to damage the enteric membrane.
Adults are prescribed:
- with infections of the respiratory tract, ear, throat, nose, skin or soft tissues - 500 mg once a day for 3 days;
- at STD(cervicitis, urethritis and so on.) - 2 tablets (1 gram of antibiotic) once;
- sick chronic migratory erythema - 1 gram on the first day, then 500 mg of the drug on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th day of treatment;
- to eliminate Helicobacter bacteria - 1 gram per day, 3 days, as part of a comprehensive treatment.
If you missed the next dose, it is recommended to drink a pill as soon as possible. Reception is recommended to resume in a day.
Severe dosage adjustment renal failure not required. The experience of using the drug in this group of patients is limited.
The medicine is not recommended for people with severe liver disease.
Instructions for suspension Azimed
The dosage is calculated from considerations of 10 mg of antibiotic per kg of baby weight.
- If body weight is from 15 to 24 kg, then 5 ml of the drug is prescribed per day;
- if the weight of the child is 25-34 kg - 7.5 ml per day;
- if the weight is from 35 to 45 - 10 ml per day.
The course of treatment of Azimed 250 and Azimed 200 for children is determined by the attending physician.
As a rule, for the treatment of infections of ENT organs, upper respiratory tract. paths, skin and soft tissues, the duration of the suspension is 3 days.
In Lyme disease, on the first day of treatment, 20 mg per 1 kg of the child’s weight is taken, then another 4 days in a standard dosage.
It is necessary to buy a product in such a volume that a 5 ml supply remains in the bottle.
The suspension must be washed down with water or another liquid immediately after administration.
How to prepare a suspension?
1. Open the bottle cap counterclockwise.
2. Using a measuring syringe, measure the required amount of water - 14.5 ml.
3. Add water to the powder bottle and shake well.
4. The required amount of medicine can be measured using a special spoon or syringe.
Shake the bottle before use.
It is recommended to rinse and dry the syringe after each use, throw it away after completing the course.
Overdose symptoms: nausea, temporary hearing loss, vomiting, diarrhea.
As a treatment, take enterosorbents, conduct symptomatic and supportive therapy.
The medicine can be taken simultaneously with Carbamazepine.
Azimed affects pharmacokinetics Methylprednisolone.
Interval Extension Drugs QT,not recommended to combine with Azithromycin.
Some macrolide antibiotics may affect pharmacokinetics Cyclosporin. Therefore, both drugs must be used simultaneously under the supervision of a doctor, the effectiveness Cyclosporin when combined with azithromycin may decline.
It is recommended to observe an interval of 2 hours between taking the drug and antacids.
Combination of medication with coumarin anticoagulants(Warfarin) may lead to bleeding.
Macrolides disrupt the metabolic process Digoxin in the intestine, its plasma concentration can increase significantly.
With combined use Theophylline, Didanosine, Rifabutin and Azithromycin plasma concentrations of drugs do not change.
Terms of sale
Tablets and suspension are stored in the original packaging in a cool place.
Small children should not be allowed to fall into the hands of.
The shelf life of the tablets is 3 years.
The shelf life of the suspension is 2 years.
Ready-to-use suspension can be stored for 10 days.
Azithromycin can sometimes lead to serious allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, Quincke's edemaup to death. Sometimes reactions of this kind appear again some time after the end of the course. Therefore, patients with hypersensitivity caution should be exercised for this group of antibiotics. And after the end of treatment for an allergic reaction, it is under the supervision of a specialist for some time.
When treated with this agent, they may develop superinfection, mycoses, candidiasis.
If the patient has hypokalemia, hyponatremiaother violations electrolyte balance, chronic heart disease, prolongation of the interval QT, then treatment with this tool should be done with extreme caution.
It must be borne in mind that the drug contains lactose. Therefore, it can not be taken to persons with insufficiency lactases, galactosemia, glucose malabsorption syndrome or galactose.
During treatment, do not drink alcohol. This creates an additional burden on the liver.
The medicine does not affect the ability to drive a car or perform actions that require high speed and concentration.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:EkositrinAzitsinRovamycinAzitRusSafocideClarithromycinSumamed ForteClarbactAzithromycinAzitro SandozSumamedZ-factorAzitralAzicideSpiramycin veroZitrolideEcomedMacropenKlacid SRKlacid
Aziklar, Vilprafen, Ketek, Klabaks, Clarimax, Clarithromycin, Macropen, Remora, Renicin, Fromilide, Erythromycin, Free Max, Macropen, Klacid, Rulid, Rovamycin, Midecamycin, Spiramycin-Vero.
Azax, Azivoc, Azit, Azithromycin, Zomax, Sumamed, Azitrox, Azitral, Zitrolex, Hemomycin, Ormax, Zitrocin, Zitrolex, Zimaks, Ecomed, Zitrolide.
During pregnancy and lactation
No animal exposure detected during animal tests antibiotic to the fetus. However, it has been proven that the drug overcomes hematoplacental barrier and due to the lack of clinical trials in humans, it is not recommended to prescribe it to pregnant and lactating women.
Reviews about Azimed
Reviews about the drug vary. Antibiotic a wide spectrum of action is good for diseases ENT organsand respiratory tract. Well respond and about Azimed 200 for children in the form of a suspension. The medicine quickly helps to cope with the disease.
However, cases have been described when therapy with this agent did not lead to the desired effect, one more course had to be taken antibioticsanother kind. Some noted unpleasant side effects in the form of nausea, diarrhea and other digestive disorders, development superinfection. Many people like the relatively low cost of the drug.
Price of azimed
The cost of tablets is about 48 hryvnia for 3 tablets of 500 mg.
The price of Azimed suspension for children is approximately 75 hryvnias per bottle, with a capacity of 30 ml and a dosage of 200 mg per 5 ml of the finished suspension.
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Azimed 200 mg / 5 mg 30 ml powder PAT "Kyivmedpreparat", Ukraine105 UAH order
- Azimed 0.5 g №3 tablets PAT "Kyivmedpreparat", Ukraine69 UAH to order
- Azimed 250 mg No. 6 capsules PAT "Kyivmedpreparat", Ukraine72 UAH order
- Azimed 100 mg / 5 ml 20 ml PAT "Kyivmedpreparat", Ukraine79 UAH order
- Azimed capsule Azimed capsules 0.25g No. 6 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat OJSC 81 UAH to order
- Azimed tablets p / captive. 500mg. blister. No. 3 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat 82 UAH order
- Azimed liquid Azimed por.d / oral.susp.200mg / 5ml 30ml №1 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat OJSC 118 UAH order
- Azimed tablets Azimed tablets 0.5g No. 3 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat OAO 80 UAH to order
- Azimed liquid Azimed por.d / oral.susp. 100 mg / 5ml 20ml №1 Ukraine, Kievmedpreparat OJSC 89 UAH order