One oral tablet contains 0.25, 0.5 or 0.875 g amoxicillin trihydrate and 0.125 g clavulanic acid(in the manufacture of the drug, clavulanate sodium is laid with a 5% excess).
Included in the pill auxiliary components: Silicii dioxydum colloidale, Magnesium stearate, Carboxymethylamylum natricum, Cellulosum microcrystallicum.
One bottle powder for solution preparation for injection contains 0.5 or 1 g amoxicillin trihydrate and, respectively, 0.1 or 0.2 g clavulanic acid.
Part Augmentin powder for suspension for oral administration include 0.125 / 0.2 / 0.4 g (5 ml) amoxicillin trihydrate and, respectively, 0.03125 / 0.0285 / 0.057 g (5 ml) clavulanic acid.
Auxiliary components: Xanthan gum, Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Silicii dioxydum colloidale, Acidum succinicum, Silicii dioxydum, Aspartamum (E951), dry - orange flavors (610271E and 9/027108), raspberry and “Bright molasses”.
AT powder Augmentin EU intended for preparation of 100 ml of suspensioncontains 0.6 g (5 ml) amoxicillin trihydrate and 0.0429 g (5 ml) clavulanic acid.
Auxiliary components: Silicii dioxydum colloidale, Carboxymethylamylum natricum), Aspartamum (E951), Xanthan gum, Silicii dioxydum, strawberry flavor 544428.
In the composition of one Augmentin CP tablets with prolonged action include 1 g amoxicillin trihydrate and 0.0625 g clavulanic acid.
Auxiliary components: Cellulosum microcrystallicum, Carboxymethylamylum natricum, Silicii dioxydum colloidale, Magnesium stearate, Xanthan gum, Acidum citrinosum, Hypromellosum 6cps, Hypromellosum 15cps, Titanium dioxide (E171), Macrogolum 3350, Macrogolum 3350, Macrogolum 3350,
The drug has the following release forms:
- Augmentin tablets 250 mg + 125 mg, Augmentin 500 mg + 125 mg and Augmentin 875 + 125 mg.
- Powder 500/100 mg and 1000/200 mg, intended for the preparation of a solution for injection.
- Powder for suspension Augmentin 400 mg / 57 mg, 200 mg / 28.5 mg, 125 mg / 31.25 mg.
- Powder Augmentin EU 600 mg / 42.9 mg (5 ml) for suspension.
- Augmentin CP 1000 mg / 62.5 mg sustained release tablets
Augmentin belongs to the pharmacotherapeutic group “Antimicrobial drugs for systemic use. β-lactams. Penicillins. ”
The pharmacological effect of the drug is antibacterial and bactericidal.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
According to Wikipedia, Amoxicillin is bactericidal agenteffective against a wide range of pathogenic and potentially pathogenic microorganisms and representing semisynthetic penicillin group antibiotic.
Suppressing transpeptidase and disrupting production processes mureina (the most important component of the walls of a bacterial cell) during the period of division and growth, it provokes thereby lysis (destruction) bacteria.
Amoxicillin is destroyed β-lactamasestherefore its antibacterial activity does not extend to microorganismsproducing β-lactamases.
Acting as a competitive and in most cases an irreversible inhibitor, clavulanic acid characterized by the ability to penetrate cell walls bacteria and cause inactivation enzymesthat are located both inside the cell and at its border.
Clavulanate forms stable inactivated complexes withβ-lactamasesand this in turn prevents destruction amoxicillin.
Augmentin antibiotic is effective against:
- Gram (+) aerobes: pyogenic streptococcus groups A and B, pneumococci, Staphylococcus aureus and epidermal, (with the exception of methicillin-resistant strains), saprophytic staphylococcus and etc.
- Gram (-) aerobes: Pfeiffer sticks, whooping cough, gardnerella vaginalis , cholera vibrio etc.
- Gram (+) and Gram (-) of anaerobes: bacteroids, fusobacteria, preotellas etc.
- Other microorganisms: chlamydia, spirochete, pale treponema etc.
After ingestion of Augmentin, both of its active components are rapidly and completely absorbed from the digestive tract. Absorption is optimal if tablets or syrup are drunk during a meal (at the beginning of a meal).
Both when taken orally, and with the introduction of Augmentin IV solution, therapeutic concentrations of the active components of the drug are found in all tissues and interstitial fluid.
Both active components weakly bind to plasma blood proteins (up to 25% binds to plasma proteins amoxicillin trihydrateand no more than 18% clavulanic acid) No cumulation of Augmentin was detected in any of the internal organs.
Amoxicillin exposed to metabolization in the body and excreted the kidneysthrough the digestive tract and in the form of carbon dioxide along with exhaled air. 10 to 25% of the dose received amoxicillin excreted the kidneys as penicilloic acidwhich is its inactive metabolite.
Clavulanate excreted both by the kidneys and by means of extrarenal mechanisms.
Indications for use
Indications for use of the combination amoxicillin trihydrate and clavulanic acid are infectionsprovoked by sensitive to the action of these substances microorganisms.
Augmentin treatment is also allowed. infectionscaused by activity microorganismssensitive to action amoxicillinas well as mixed infectionsprovoked by sensitive to amoxicillin bacteria and bacteria that produce β-lactamaseand are characterized by sensitivity to a combination of the active substances of the drug.
On the Internet, questions are often asked “What are Augmentin tablets from? "Or" What is Augmentin Syrup Curing? ".
The scope of the drug is quite extensive. It is prescribed at the following infectious and inflammatory diseases:
- at infectionsaffecting upper and lower respiratory tract (including including ENT infections);
- at infectionsaffecting genitourinary tract;
- at odontogenic (oral infections) infections;
- at gynecological infections;
- at gonorrhea;
- at infectionsaffecting skin and soft tissue;
- at infectionsaffecting bone tissue(including if necessary, the appointment of long-term therapy to the patient);
- other things infections mixed type (e.g. after septic abortionat sepsis in the postpartum period, with septicemia (sepsis without metastases), peritonitis; at sepsiscaused by intraabdominal infection; at infectionsdeveloping after surgical intervention).
Augmentin is often used as a preventive measure before conducting extensive surgical operations on head, neck, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, biliary tract, on organs located in the pelvic cavityas well as during the procedure implantation of internal organs.
Augmentin in all dosage forms is contraindicated:
- patients with hypersensitivity to one or both active components of the drug, to any of its excipients, as well as to β-lactam (i.e. to antibiotics from groups penicillin and cephalosporin);
- patients who have experienced episodes of Augmentin therapy jaundice or a history of functional impairment liver due to the use of a combination of the active substances of the drug.
An additional contraindication to the appointment of the powder for the preparation of an oral suspension with a dosage of active substances of 125 + 31.25 mg is PKU (phenylketonuria).
The powder used for the preparation of an oral suspension with a dosage of active substances (200 + 28.5) and (400 + 57) mg is contraindicated:
- at PKU;
- impaired patients kidneyat which the indicators Reberg tests below 30 ml per minute;
- children under the age of three months.
An additional contraindication to the use of tablets with a dosage of active substances (250 + 125) and (500 + 125) mg is the age under 12 years and / or weight less than 40 kilograms.
Tablets with a dosage of active substances 875 + 125 mg are contraindicated:
- in violation of functional activity kidney (indicators Reberg tests below 30 ml per minute);
- children under 12 years of age;
- patients whose body weight does not exceed 40 kg.
Side effects of Augmentin can occur from various systems and individual organs. Most often, against the background of drug treatment, the following reactions can be noted:
- candidiasis (thrush)skin and mucous membranes;
- diarrhea(very often when taking Augmentin in tablets, often when taking a suspension or injecting the drug);
- bouts of nausea and vomiting (nausea most often occurs when taking the drug in high doses).
Side effects that occur infrequently include:
- dysfunctions digestion;
- moderate increase in liver enzyme activity alanine transaminases (ALT)and aspartate transaminases (AST);
- skin rashes, itchy skinmanifestations urticaria.
In rare cases, the body can respond to the reception of Augmentin:
- reversible leukopenia (including including agranulocytosis);
- development thrombophlebitis at the injection site;
- polymorphic erythema.
Very rarely can develop:
- hemolytic anemia;
- conditions characterized by an increase in duration bleeding and increase prothrombin index;
- reactions from the immune systemwhich are expressed as angioedema; a syndrome similar to that manifested in serum sickness; anaphylaxis, allergic vasculitis;
- hyperactivity reversible type;
- increase convulsive activity;
- colitisdue to reception antibioticsincluding including pseudomembranous (PMK) and hemorrhagic (the likelihood of developing the latter decreases if Augmentin is administered parenterally);
- keratinization and growth of tongue-shaped papillae located on the tongue (a disease known as the “black hairy tongue”);
- hepatitis and intrahepatic cholestasis;
- Lyell's syndrome;
- generalized exanthematous pustulosisin acute form;
- interstitial nephritis;
- the appearance in the urine of salt crystals (crystalluria).
In case of any dermatitis allergic nature treatment Augmentin should be discontinued.
Instructions for use Augmentin: method of application, dosage for adult patients and children
One of the most frequently asked questions of a patient is the question of how to take a medicine before or after a meal. In the case of Augmentin, taking the drug is closely related to eating. It is considered optimal to take the medicine directly. before eating.
Firstly, it provides better absorption of their active substances Gastrointestinal tract, and, secondly, it can significantly reduce the severity dyspeptic disorders of the gastrointestinal tractif the latter are the case.
How to calculate the dose of Augmentin
How to take the drug Augmentin for adults and children, as well as its therapeutic dose, depending on which microorganism is a pathogen, how sensitive is it to exposure antibiotic, severity and characteristics of the course of the disease, localization of the infectious focus, age and weight of the patient, as well as how healthy he is the kidneys the patient.
The duration of the course of therapy depends on how the patient's body responds to treatment.
Augmentin tablets: instructions for use
Depending on the content of active substances in them, Augmentin tablets are recommended for adult patients to take according to the following scheme:
- Augmentin 375 mg (250 mg + 125 mg) - one three times a day. In such a dosage, the drug is indicated for infectionsthat flow in easy or moderately severe form. In cases of severe illness, including chronic and recurrent, higher doses are prescribed.
- 625 mg tablets (500 mg + 125 mg) - one three times a day.
- 1000 mg tablets (875 mg + 125 mg) - one twice a day.
The dose is subject to correction for patients with impaired functional activity. kidney.
Augmentin CP 1000 mg / 62.5 mg sustained release tablets are only allowed for patients over 16 years of age. The optimal dose is two tablets twice a day.
If the patient cannot swallow the whole tablet, it is divided in two along the fault line. Both halves are taken at the same time.
Patients with patients the kidneys the drug is prescribed only in cases where the indicator Reberg tests exceeds 30 ml per minute (that is, when adjustments to the dosage regimen are not required).
Powder for solution for injection: instructions for use
According to the instructions, the solution is injected into the vein: by jet (the entire dose must be administered in 3-4 minutes) or by the drip method (infusion duration - from half an hour to 40 minutes). The solution is not intended to be injected into the muscle.
The standard dose for an adult patient is 1000 mg / 200 mg. It is recommended to enter it every eight hours, and for those with complications infections - every six or even four hours (according to indications).
Antibiotic in the form of a solution, 500 mg / 100 mg or 1000 mg / 200 mg is prescribed for the prevention of development infection after surgery. In cases where the duration of the operation is less than one hour, it is enough to enter the patient once before anesthesia dose of Augmentin 1000 mg / 200 mg.
If it is assumed that the operation will last more than an hour, up to four doses of 1000 mg / 200 mg are administered to the patient on the previous day for 24 hours.
Augmentin suspension: instructions for use
Instructions for use Augmentin for children recommends the appointment of a suspension of 125 mg / 31.25 mg in a dose of 2.5 to 20 ml. Multiplicity of receptions - 3 during the day. The volume of a single dose depends on the age and weight of the child.
If the child is older than two months of age, a suspension of 200 mg / 28.5 mg is prescribed in a dose equal to 25 / 3.6 mg to 45 / 6.4 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The specified dose should be divided into two doses.
A suspension with a dosage of active substances 400 mg / 57 mg (Augmentin 2) is indicated for use starting from the year. Depending on the age and weight of the child, a single dose varies from 5 to 10 ml. Multiplicity of receptions - 2 during the day.
Augmentin EU is prescribed starting from 3 months of age. The optimal dose is 90 / 6.4 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day (the dose should be divided into 2 doses, maintaining a 12-hour interval between them).
Today, the drug in various dosage forms is one of the most commonly prescribed agents for treatment. sore throats.
Children Augmentin with sore throat prescribed in a dose that is determined based on body weight and age of the child. With angina in adults, it is recommended to use Augmentin at 875 + 125 mg three times a day.
Also, they often resort to the appointment of Augmentin sinusitis. The treatment is supplemented by washing the nose with sea salt and using nasal sprays of the type Rinofluimucil. Optimum dosage for sinusitis: 875/125 mg 2 times a day. The duration of the course is usually 7 days.
Exceeding the dose of Augmentin is accompanied by:
- development of violations by digestive tract;
- violation of the water-salt balance;
- renal failure;
- precipitation (precipitation) of amoxicillin in the urinary catheter.
When such symptoms appear, the patient is shown symptomatic therapy, including, among other things, the correction of the disturbed water-salt balance. Withdrawal of Augmentin from toequilibrium system also facilitates the procedure hemodialysis.
Concomitant administration of the drug with probenecid:
- helps to reduce tubular secretion of amoxicillin;
- provokes an increase in concentration amoxicillin at blood plasma (the effect persists for a long time);
- does not affect the properties and level of content in clavulanic acid plasma.
Combination amoxicillin from allopurinol increases the likelihood of developing manifestations allergies. Interaction Data allopurinol simultaneously with the two active components of Augmentan are absent.
Augmentin has an effect on contained in intestinal tract microflorathat provokes a decrease in reabsorption (reverse absorption) estrogen, as well as a decrease in the effectiveness of combined contraceptives for oral use.
The drug is incompatible with blood products and protein-containing fluids, including including whey protein hydrolysates and fat emulsions intended for insertion into a vein.
If Augmentin is prescribed simultaneously with antibiotics class aminoglycosides, the drugs are not mixed in one syringe or any other container before administration, since this leads to inactivation aminoglycosides.
Terms of sale
The originally packaged preparation is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. The suspension should be stored at a temperature of 2-8 ° C (optimally in the refrigerator) for no more than 7 days.
It is suitable for use within 2 years from the date of manufacture.
Analogs of AugmentinMatches for ATX Level 4 code:ArletEcoclavePanklavAmoxiclavOxamp SodiumOxampAmoxicillin + Clavulanic acidAmpisideAmoxil K 625Flemoklav SolutabSultasin
Augmentin analogs are drugs A-Klav-Farmeks, Amoxiclav, Amoxil-KBetaclava Clavamitin, Medoclave, Teraclav.
Each of the above drugs is what Augmentin can be replaced in its absence.
The price of analogues varies from 63.65 to 333.97 UAH.
Augmentin for children
Augmentin is widely used in pediatric practice. Due to the fact that it has a children's form of release - syrup, it can even be used to treat children up to a year. Significantly facilitates the reception and the fact that the medicine has a pleasant taste.
For children antibioticmost often prescribed for sore throat. The dosage of the suspension for children is determined by age and weight. The optimal dose is divided into two doses, equal to 45 mg / kg per day, or divided into three doses, a dose of 40 mg / kg per day.
How to take the drug for children and the frequency of doses depends on the prescribed dosage form.
For children whose body weight is more than 40 kg, Augmentin is prescribed in the same doses as adult patients.
Augmentin syrup for children up to a year is used in dosages of 125 mg / 31.25 mg and 200 mg / 28.5 mg. A dosage of 400 mg / 57 mg is indicated for children over one year of age.
Children in the age group of 6-12 years (weighing more than 19 kg) are allowed to prescribe both a suspension and Augmentin in tablets. The dosage regimen of the tablet form of the drug is as follows:
- one tablet 250 mg + 125 mg three times a day;
- one tablet 500 + 125 mg twice a day (this dosage form is optimal).
Children over 12 years of age are prescribed to take one tablet of 875 mg + 125 mg twice a day.
In order to correctly measure the dose of Augmentin suspension for children under 3 months of age, it is recommended to type syrup with a syringe with a marking scale. To facilitate the use of the suspension in children under two years old, it is allowed to dilute the syrup with water in a ratio of 50/50
Augmentin's analogues, which are its pharmacological substitutes, are drugs Amoxiclav, Flemoklav Solutab, Arlet, Rapiclav, Ecoclave.
Augmentin and alcohol are theoretically not antagonists under the influence of ethyl alcohol antibioticdoes not change its pharmacological properties.
If against the background of drug treatment there is a need to drink alcohol, it is important to observe two conditions: moderation and expediency.
For people suffering from alcohol dependence, the simultaneous use of the drug with alcohol can have more serious consequences.
Systematic abuse of alcohol provokes various disturbances in work liver. Patients with a patient the liver the instruction recommends that Augmentin be prescribed with extreme caution, since it is predicted how a diseased organ will behave in attempts to cope with xenobioticextremely difficult.
Therefore, in order to avoid undue risk, it is recommended to refrain from drinking alcohol during the entire period of treatment with the drug.
Augmentin during pregnancy and lactation
Like most antibiotics penicillin group, amoxicillin, distributed in the tissues of the body, also penetrates into breast milk. Moreover, trace concentrations may even be found in milk. clavulanic acid.
However, no clinically significant negative effect on the condition of the child is noted. In some cases, the combination clavulanic acid from amoxicillin can provoke in a baby diarrhea and / or candidiasis (thrush) of the mucous membranes in the oral cavity.
Augmentin belongs to the category of drugs allowed for breastfeeding. If, nevertheless, against the background of the mother’s treatment with Augmentin, the child develops some undesirable side effects, breast-feeding is stopped.
Animal studies have shown that active substances of Augmentin are able to penetrate hematoplacental (GPB) barrier. However, no adverse effects on fetal development have been identified.
Moreover, teratogenic effects were absent with both parenteral and oral administration of the drug.
The use of Augmentin in pregnant women can potentially lead to the development of a newborn baby necrotizing enterocolitis (NECK).
Like all other medicines, Augmentin is not recommended for pregnant women. During pregnancy, its use is permissible only in cases where, according to the doctor’s assessment, the benefit for a woman exceeds the potential risks for her child.
Reviews about Augmentin
Reviews of tablets and suspensions for children Augmentin for the most part positive. Many evaluate the drug as an effective and credible remedy.
On forums where people share their impressions of certain drugs, the average antibiotic score is 4.3-4.5 out of 5 points.
The reviews about Augmentin left by mothers of young children indicate that the tool helps to quickly cope with such frequent childhood diseases as bronchitis or angina. In addition to the effectiveness of the drug, mothers also note its pleasant taste, which children like.
The tool is also effective during pregnancy. Despite the fact that the instruction does not recommend treatment with pregnant women (especially in the 1st trimester), Augmentin is often prescribed in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.
According to doctors, the main thing when treating with this tool is to observe the dosage accuracy and follow all the recommendations of your doctor.
The price of Augmentin in Ukraine varies depending on the specific pharmacy. At the same time, the cost of the drug is slightly higher in pharmacies in Kiev, tablets and syrup in pharmacies in Donetsk, Odessa or Kharkov are sold at a slightly lower price.
625 mg tablets (500 mg / 125 mg) are sold in pharmacies, on average, at 83-85 UAH. The average price of Augmentin tablets 875 mg / 125 mg - 125-135 UAH.
You can buy an antibiotic in powder form for the preparation of a solution for injection with a dosage of active substances 500 mg / 100 mg, for an average of 218-225 UAH; the average price of Augmentin 1000 mg / 200 mg - 330-354 UAH.
Price of Augmentin suspension for children:
400 mg / 57 mg (Augmentin 2) - 65 UAH;
200 mg / 28.5 mg - 59 UAH;
600 mg / 42.9 mg - 86 UAH.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Augmentin then. d / suspension inside 400mg + 57mg / 5ml 12.6g 70ml n1SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals250 rub.order
- Augmentin tab. p.p.o. 250mg + 125mg n20SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
- Augmentin tab. p.p.o. 875mg + 125mg n14SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals348 rub.
- Augmentin then. d / suspension inside 200mg + 28.5mg / 5ml 7.7g 70ml n1 SmithKline Beecham PiSELSi150 rub.order
- Augmentin tab. p.p.o. 500mg + 125mg n14SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals387 rub.
- Augmentin powder for suspension 200mg + 28.5 / 5ml 70ml144 rub.order
- Augmentin tablets p / o 250mg / 125mg №20257 rub.order
- Augmentin powder for suspension 400mg + 57mg / 5ml 12.6g 70ml 246 rub.
- Augmentin tablets p / o 500mg / 125mg No. 14) 371 rub.order
- Augmentin EU powder for suspension 600mg + 42.9mg / ml bottle 23.13g 441 rub.
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Augmentin tablets 375 mg n20 SmithKline Beech PiElsi277 rub.order
- Augmentin powder for the preparation of a suspension of 200 mg / 28.5 mg in 5 ml of 70 ml SmithKline Beech PiElsi156 rub.order
- Augmentin powder for the preparation of a suspension of 400 mg / 57 mg in 5 ml 70 ml SmithKline Beech PiElSi264 rub.order
- Augmentin tablets 1000 mg n14 SmithKline Beecham PiElsi384 rub.order
- Augmentin tablets 625 mg n14 SmithKline Beecham Limited 398 rub.order
- Augmentin 500 mg / 125 mg N14 tablets SmіtKlyayn Bіchem Pharmaceuticals, Great Britain113 UAH to order
- Augmentin ES 100 ml 600 mg / 5 ml + 42.9 mg / 5 ml powder for suspension 164 UAH
- Augmentin 200 mg / 28.5 mg 5 ml Powder SmytKlyayn Bіchem Pharmaceuticals, Great Britain / Glaxo Wellcome Production, France107 UAH order
- Augmentin 875 mg / 125 mg No. 14 tablets SmitKlyayn Bіchem Pharmaceuticals, Great Britain170 UAH to order
- Augmentin 400 mg / 57 mg 5 ml No. 1 powder SmіtKlyayn Bіchem Pharmaceuticals, Great Britain133 UAH to order
- Augmentin ES Liquid Augmentin ES then. d / prg. susp. 600mg + 42.9 fl 100ml France, Glaxo Wellcome Production 164 UAH order
- Augmentin liquid Augmentin powder for the preparation of syrup 228.5mg / 5ml 70ml United Kingdom, SB Pharmaceuticals 110 UAH order
- Augmentin liquid Augmentin syrup 70ml United Kingdom, SB Pharmaceuticals 148 UAH order
- Augmentin tablets Augmentin tablets. blister №14 United Kingdom, SB Pharmaceuticals 182 UAH to order
- Augmentin tablets Augmentin tablets. 500mg / 125mg No. 14 United Kingdom, SB Pharmaceuticals 118 UAH order
- Augmentin 400mg / 57mg / 5ml 35 ml por.d / susp. for ingestion SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Great Britain) 1 tg.order
- Augmentin 875 mg / 125 mg No. 14 tab.p.smithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Great Britain) 3 tg.order
- Augmentin 500 mg / 125 mg No. 14 tab.p. Smithithline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Great Britain) 2 tg.
- Augmentin 200mg / 28.5mg / 5ml 70 ml por.d / susp. for ingestion SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Great Britain) 1 tg.order
- Augmentin 125 mg / 31.25 mg / 5 ml 100 ml por.d / susp. for ingestion SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals (Great Britain) 990 tg.