Powder for the preparation of a solution for internal and parenteral administration containing 500 mg (0.5 g) or 1000 mg (1 g) of the active substance - fosfomycin as trometamol fosfomycin.
0.5 g or 1 g vials fosfomycin.
One package contains 1, 10 or 50 bottles.
Antibacterial and bactericidal.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Fosfomycin (Fosfomycin) It is an antibacterial drug with a fairly wide spectrum of action. Affects most gram-negative microorganisms and gram-positive microorganisms such as uhterococci, staphylococci, Escherichia, Klebsiella, protea, pseudomonads, as well as a number of other pathogens.
The mechanism of action of the drug is associated with inhibition of the initial stage of replication peptidoglycan bacterial cell walls.
With internal administration, it is rapidly absorbed in the digestive tract, disintegrating into fosfomycin, an active substance preparation and trometamolwhich is not active.
The biological activity when taking a single dose of 3 g is 34-65%.
TCmax equals - 120-150 minutes, Cmax - 22-32 mg / l.
Not exposed metabolism and does not bind to plasma proteins.
90% excreted unchanged in urine and approximately 10% with feces.
The elimination half-life is approximately 4 hours, with a CC less than 80 ml / min, this period slightly increases.
When administered intravenously, Cmax is 74-87.3 μg / ml, while TCmax is two times shorter than when administered intramuscularly.
In sputum, Cmax is - 7 μg / ml, TCmax - 180 minutes.
With blood proteins binds to 2.16%.
It has good penetration into various body tissues and fluids.
Not amenable to metabolic processes.
The elimination half-life after intravenous injection is 1.5-1.7 hours.
Unchanged, excreted in the urine.
Indications for use
Oral administration of the drug is indicated for urinary tract infectionsthat were caused by sensitive to fosfomycin microorganisms:
- recurrent and acute cystitis;
- non-specific urethritis bacterial etiology;
- massive bacteriuria proceeding without visible symptoms (in pregnant women);
- prevention and treatment of infectious diseases during transurethral studies and surgical operations.
Parenteral administration is recommended for the treatment of infectious diseases of different localization, which were caused by sensitive to fosfomycin microorganisms, including those with multiple pharmacological resistance:
- chronic and acute pneumonia;
- bronchiectatic disease;
- purulent pleurisy and abscessed pneumonia;
- pelvic infections.
In severe diseases, combined therapy with others is used. antibiotics (usually with beta-lactam).
- period of pregnancy;
- hypersensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug.
When administered orally:
- Nervous system: dizziness, weaknessinsomnia migraine, headache, drowsiness, paresthesianervousness, malaise.
- Gastrointestinal tract: nausea dyspepsia, diarrheadry mouth constipation, flatulence, anorexiavomiting.
- Others: vaginitis, dysmenorrhea, rhinitis, pharyngitis, abdominal pain, flu-like syndrome, non-localized pain, back pain, rash on the skin, fever, itching, hematuria, dysuria, lymphadenopathy, myalgia, irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
For parenteral use:
- Nervous system: paresthesia, headache, dizziness, with the introduction of high doses - cramps.
- Cardiovascular and circulatory systems: pancytopeniasoreness along the veins, discomfort behind the sternum, anemiapalpitations, chest tightness, granulocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, phlebitis, eosinophilia, agranulocytosis.
- Gastrointestinal tract: impaired liver function (including increased activity of LDH, AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase), hyperbilirubinemia, vomiting, jaundice, nausea, anorexia, diarrheapseudomembranous colitis, abdominal pain.
- Allergic reactions: itchy skin, hiveserythema anaphylactic shock.
- Others: soreness at the injection site, exanthema, bronchospasm, cough, impaired renal function, proteinuria, increase / decrease in the content of Na + and K +, feverperipheral edema, feeling of thirstinfiltrate at the site of intramuscular injection.
Instructions for use (Method and dosage)
For the drug Fosfomycin, the instructions for use involve oral administration, as well as intravenous and intramuscular administration.
The dosage regimen of the drug is selected individually; it all depends on the severity of the disease, as well as on the course of the disease.
For internal use
The oral administration of this medication is carried out 2 hours or 2 hours after a meal, preferably in the evening.
In the acute period of the disease, a single daily dose of the drug is usually 3 g of Fosfomycin for adult patients and 2 g for pediatric patients.
In the chronic course of the disease, a daily dose of 6 g is recommended for adults and elderly patients, every other day.
For the purpose of prevention urinary tract infections during diagnostic procedures and surgical operations, 3 g of the drug are prescribed orally 3 hours before the proposed procedure or intervention, as well as 3 g 24 hours after the procedure.
Diagnosed renal failure involves an increase in the intervals between doses of Fosfomycin and a decrease in its dose.
For intravenous use
The instructions for use determine the average dose of Fosfomycin for adult patients, which is 70 mg per kilogram of weight. As a rule, the daily dose of the drug for adults varies from 2 to 4 g. The drug is administered every 6-8 hours.
For pediatric patients, the daily intravenous dose is 100-200 mg per kilogram of body weight, divided into 2 injections per day. The course of therapy is from 7 to 10 days.
For intramuscular use
Typically, the daily dose of fosfomycin is 4 g, divided into two injections with an interval of 2 hours. An alternative introduction allows two simultaneous injections of 2 g of the drug, carried out in different buttocks.
For infusion use
The recommended dose of the drug (1-4 g) is dissolved in 100-500 ml of water for injection and administered for 60-120 minutes.
For intravenous jet use
The dose of Fosfomycin (1-2 g) is diluted in 20 ml of water d / in. or in a 5% dextrose solution and is divided into 2-4 injections carried out over 5 minutes.
In case of accidental overdose of Fosfomycin, an increase in its side effects is possible.
Symptomatic therapy is indicated.
Medicine Metoclopramide reduces concentration fosfomycin in blood serum and urine.
Terms of sale
At a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
Analogs of FosfomycinMatches for ATX Level 4 code:MonuralNitroxolineZivoxHexamethylenetetramineCalcexKirin5-NOCBacteriophage Klebsiella PneumoniaBacteriophage ProteusBacteriophage KoliBacteriophage DysentericBacteriophage Pseudomonas aeruginosaBacteriophage SalmonellaBacteriophageBacteriophage StreptococcalBacteriophage Klebsiella Multivalent PurifiedBacteriophage StaphylococcalDioxidineLinezolid
Fosfomycin analogues are represented by the following drugs:
- Amisolid etc.
Synonyms of the drug are:
It is prescribed for children in recommended doses.
It can be used only as a last resort, in minimal doses and under the strict supervision of the attending physician.
Do not recommend taking drinks containing alcohol during therapy with Fosfomycin.
In severe diseases, combination therapy with Fosfomycin and other antibiotics (usually beta-lactam) is prescribed.
During pregnancy and lactation
Use during pregnancy is contraindicated.
During lactation, it is possible to use only when absolutely necessary.
Reviews about Fosfomycin
Reviews on the drug Fosfomycin (Fosfomycin) note its high effectiveness and speed of pharmacological action, especially in therapy infectious diseases of the urinary system.
Fosfomycin price, where to buy
At this time, the acquisition of the drug Fosfomycin Russian production is a problem.
Estimated price Fosfomycin trometamolas the price Fosfomycin sodiumshould be on a par with its synonym - Monural, the cost of which in Russia is from 310 rubles (2g No. 1) to 370 rubles (3 g No. 1).
Price Monurala in Ukraine fluctuates at 200 hryvnia.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Fosfomycin esparma pore. for prig. solution d / vnutr. reception 3g packet 8g No. 1Lindofarm GmbHX334 rub.order
- Fosfomycin-LF 3 g No. 1 por.d / r-ra for oral administrationRomfarm Company S.R.L. (Romania) 2 tenge